Guidelines for Returning to In-person Worship at New Life Church
We look forward on June 14 to resume worship in our church building. We ask you to follow these guidelines in the spirit of caring for one another, and as a way to help protect those most susceptible to this virus. We expect to ease these guidelines in future weeks.
- We recommend that those over the age of 65 and those with compromised immune systems continue to remain at home and join our worship service online.
- If you are sick, stay at home.
- Practice social distancing before, during, and after the worship service.
- Please avoid shaking hands or hugging at any time before, during, or after the service.
- People are strongly encouraged to wear masks while entering and exiting the sanctuary, and while singing. Please bring your own mask. We have a limited number of disposable masks available.
- Pews will be marked as available for use. The pattern is every other pew will be closed for use. Seating is available on main floor of the sanctuary, the balcony, and in the overflow area (if necessary). There will be soft-seated chairs in the front of pews, and a row of chairs at the back as usual. The tables will be available for use as well.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the narthex. Everyone is encouraged to use hand sanitizer upon entry.
- Drinking fountains will be turned off.
- The restrooms upstairs will be available for use. For greater hygiene, we encourage you to use the restroom at home.
Temporary Changes to Sunday Mornings:
- Pre-service prayer groups will not meet.
- Nursery and Worship Center will not be offered.
- Education classes are concluded for this season.
- We will plan to delay communion during our worship services until a date to be determined.
- The songs and the Scripture will be on the screen. Please refrain from using the books in the pews.
- There will not be any bulletins.
- There will be no coffee or cookies after the service.
- Offerings can be given at the back of church as you leave.
- Elders will dismiss people row by row from the back of the church to the front at the end of the worship service to ensure appropriate distance.
- If you choose to socialize after the service, we encourage you to gather outside with appropriate spacing.